Thursday, April 06, 2006

Dame, dame! Please, no more pseudo Japanese food!

Time 1.20am

Listening to: Orange Pekoe - 南風 (South Wind)
Feeling: Tired but not sleepy


I am BANNING Shogun Japanese Buffet Restaurant.

Had dinner with Nic and gang there today for Tania's birthday. Checked out the price and found out they were charging RM48++ for the dinner buffet. Well, I thought since the birthday girl wants her Japanese buffet, she'll get her Japanese buffet. So in I went and checked out the spread.

I remembered when they first started the renovations for the restaurant, I saw that Shogun was actually owned by Sasaki, one of the Japanese buffets in Wisma UOA that I've been to with G and her ex. It was crap back then and I told myself that I won't be trying Shogun out, no way. Anywayz, I digress...

Back to Shogun, since I was there early (Nic and the rest were late) I decided to start eating first. (hey, no use sitting down and waiting when you're in a buffet) Started out in the sushi section first.

I looked at the rubbery looking tuna sushi that has a dash of mayo over the top (ew, I hate that! Like trying to make it look better but the taste crash like mad) and looked at the rubbery looking salmon that kinda looked as though it was dead for at least half a year. Hrmm... dodgy if you ask me. But since I'm paying a fucking bomb for this, I'll just eat it. Took a selection of sushi; octopus, tuna, fish roe and salmon.

Man, when I got back to the table and stuffed the fish roe sushi (it came wrapped in egg omelette instead of seaweed) into my mouth, I nearly choked. The egg wrapping thingy tasted as rubbery as it looked. The fish roe was tasteless. Now I am no Japanese food connoisseur, but I've had my share of RM1 sushi pieces from the Jaya Jusco supermarket to know what's good sushi. Heck, to think of it, I think the Jusco ones had better sushi. Even Sushi King have better sushi! I kid you not.

Picked up the second piece of sushi, the tuna with a dash of mayo on top and bit into it. EWWWW... It was fishy and the fish tasted bad as well. This one should have been dead for at least a year. The color was slightly grayish.. I should have known better. Let's just put it this way, it's so bad any true blue Japanese would have cried after eating here. Or maybe get the owner of Shogun (and hopefully Sushi King as well) to perform Harakiri. Or something... Or maybe just feed them with their own food. Think that would be worst than dying.

Abandoning the last few pieces of my sushi, I went out to the buffet tables again. This time I tried the Tempura. Equally bad. The batter was too thick and most of the items served was soft. I am guessing that it had been there for some time. By this time, Yews came by. At least I had someone to bitch about the food there.

Walked around again and I have to admit that there is a HUGE selection there. I mean Kampachi @ Equatorial Hotel would have about 40 items on the buffet tables and Shogun has about 120? There are a few types of fried rice, teppanyaki, tempura, soba, udon, chicken done in a thousand and one ways and even fecking Korean food ok... But wtf, no quality at all. Can really die.

Imagine, line tempura prawns in a row, sprinkle broccoli, carrots and potato on top and pour beaten eggs over it. Can we all say eww now? And that's considered a dish? They even have Maggi Instant Mashed Potato. (I have to admit that me and Joe had fun playing with it)

I really can't stop bitching about that place, I really can't. Bottom line is, DON'T EVEN THINK about going to that place with me cause I would rather go to the Shell Station near my house to buy Maggi Instant Mashed Potato. For real.

Now could someone go Kampachi or Gonbei with me? Now now NOW!

4 comments:

*Dream Weaver* said...

YEAH!!!
This place sucks!!!
blardy EX some more!
Waste of good money if you ask me.
Lousy kononnya JAP food!!! - BAH HUMBUG i say! Made me sicker the nect day. Bah Humbug!!!

Pinkity said...

LOL.. bad bad bad~ But have no heart to say NO to Miss Tan... Sigh

Anonymous said...

When Genbo??? I am game for that but in May 2006 will be best. :)

Pinkity said...

I shall keep that comment as proof that I WILL be having Gonbei in May 2006! Remember to book a nice place!